"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord." Joshua 24:15

Reagan Ryleigh

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bennett Reed

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Bring it on 2011

New Year's Day I sat down and made a timeline of all the big things the Allen family has been through and accomplished this year. That night Tim and I sat down to look at it and we decided that we're still recovering from 2010! The biggies were: selling our house, learning our unborn baby has a heart defect, moving to an apartment, quiting my job, Bennett being born, Bennett's open heart surgery, building our new house and moving in, and the year ending with Timmy's aunt passing away. Not to mention the weekly doctor's appts and major family drama that my family would not appreciate me posting. But the wonderful thing is after all of that Tim and I are still here and the Lord helped us through it all. We made it through 2010 so I know we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us! We have 2 beautiful healthy kids, a great house, and Tim's aunt accepted Christ just months before going home. So, all I can say is BRING IT ON 2011!

4 comments:

Pi Man said...

Not to mention that The Boog knocked out the Ph.D. Y'all did wonderfully.
Love, Poppy

Jenny Moon said...

Got chills from reading. Always knew you two were amzaing. So so blessed

The Allens said...

Thanks for the encouragement, Jenny! Poppy, you're right. There are so many other things that we accomplished that I left off! Timmy got his PhD and became a deacon at our church while all of that was going on. I'm so proud of him and couldn't ask for a better daddy for my kids.

FordeFam said...

Wow!!! :) So glad that your little man is healthy!!! :) We need to get together again! :)